My Funny Story

Make Life More Relaxed

ad

WHAT'S THAT?

One sunny morning, a young lady named Marry came to our boarding room. She was the friend of my sister, Lily. Marry wanted to meet Lily, but she was not home. I asked her what her purpose was looking for my sister. She said that she was going to borrow some money from Lily. She told me that her little son was sick and she needed the money to see the doctor. She had no money at all because her husband was jobless. Actually I took pity on the young white complexion lady. But I didn't have what she needed.

I suggested her to wait for my sister's coming. While waiting for Lily, we chatted about many things. Suddenly we heard someone knocked on the door and greeted. To hear the recognized voice from outside, Marry changed her expression. She got panic and frightened, then said.

"Please help me, Gia. Please…! She begged me.

"What's up? What can I do for you?" I didn't know what had happened to her.

The lady outside kept knocking on the door. Marry looked more panic. It made me confuse.

"If the lady outside asks you about me, please tell her that you know nothing. Tell her that I never come here. Now please help me to hide. Where do you think I should hide?"

I got more confuse. It's really a dilemma. She asked me to lie. I didn't like it very much. It's not my habit at all. I hate lying. I'm afraid of God's punishment. Lying is a sin.

She was very busy and panic to search for the safe place to hide. The door was still being knocked. Its voice was really a terror for us.

"Lily, open the door! I know that you're inside with someone." The lady outside screamed. She called the name of my sister, Lily. It meant that she knew Lily. But I didn't know her. I had never heard her voice before.

Finally Marry got a place to hide. It was under my bed. But it's not easy to go there because there were so many goods under it. Seeing me just stood like a statue, Marry snapped at me.

"Come on; help me to move these boxes, Gia…...!"

I helped Marry to move the very heavy boxes to give her way to hide. It took us very much energy. Marry was successful hiding under the bed. Then I covered her body with a pouch. The empty pouch was usually used to keep rice.

After helping Marry, I then opened the door for the woman outside.

"What are you doing, girl? Where is Lily? Are you Lily's sister? Why did you take very long time to open the door? "

"Sorr … sorry for making you waiting, madam. Yes, I'm Lily's sister. She's out now." I said nervously.

"Is Marry here?" The question from the middle aged lady was just like a thunderstorm for me though I had known before that she would ask me such question. The question made me stood in a very difficult situation. Oh my merciful God, please show me the way what to tell her. It's impossible for me to say 'yes'. Please, forgive my sin, God!

"I … I don't know, madam. She's not here," finally I said doubtfully.

"Are you sure?"

"Y y y yes, sure..."

"Really?" The curly-haired woman forced me. "I've just come to Marry's boarding room. I met her husband. He said that Marry is here to meet your sister.

"But she isn't here." I tried to deny it.

The lady stopped talking for a while. Then she seemed to look for a place to sit on while seeing around. She paid fully attention to every detail in my room. I got panic because she went to the door and bended her back. It seemed that she's going to sit on the floor near the door. If she sat there I was afraid that she would see Marry's body. And what I was afraid of finally came true. She sat there. And ……..

"Hey girl … what's that? Hey … what’s that?

I knew nothing to say. The woman saw Marry's feet. They were not covered with the pouch. She pulled the feet and screamed.

"Marry… Marry… come on get out! What are you doing here? I have been suspicious that you hid somewhere here. And you girl, you've lain. You are a liar!!!! The lady in red T-shirt snapped at me. I was very ashamed.

"Please, forgive me madam! Actually I didn't want to do it. I didn't mean to lie. I know lying is a sin but Marry forced me. She kept forcing me."

"Listen carefully young girl! If I were you, I wouldn't do it. She has very much debt and always run whenever I asked her to pay."

Then they were included in a bitter quarrel. And I was a referee with no power for them.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

ad

About Me

My photo
Indonesia
smart,healthy n rich

Labels


ShoutMix chat widget